Friday, November 21, 2008

going with the flow


So for the past couple of weeks I have been really unsure about what I want to accomplish in life. I'm still without a clue, but I have realized that I never knew what i wanted and yet things still work out.
Alabama is a great example of how I just went with the flow of what was happening in my life. I had no idea where to choose to go to undergrad. It was just chance that Alabama tell me to apply for a free scholarship. I did and the rest is history.
I know it worries Dannon, but I have no concrete plan for my life. I am just taking all this step by step.
My first goal is to quit being a hermit in my room. Just because Katie and George are out of town does not mean I have nothing else to do for fun.
I need to get over sleeping in too. I love sleeping, but I have to realize I'm really messing up my grades for attendance. God I hate when teachers take attendance. Oof.
Next, I need to go back to lab. You know how when you miss so many days that you just are afraid of going back for fear that your teacher is going to hold it against you? Yea, that's where I'm at and it sucks because it's only going to get worse the longer I am gone. I can't use my injury as an excuse anymore. I can walk just fine.
Speaking of walking; I need to start going back to physical therapy. Ugh. Another case of being afraid to return. I need to get over that real soon. I'm so dumb.
And finally, I NEED to study for the GRE. I'm, not planning on getting highest score of the year but I need to do better than last time. It's just one month away and I have no excuse aside from not being motivated. One month of sacrifice is nothing. Grow up, Dale.

If I change all these little things about my life, I think I can get back on track and be less stressed and overall more happy. People have always told me I don't take care of myself and it's true. I'm about to graduate and I can't take care of my needs without someone pushing me. I'm too old for this. I can't rely on someone else to help me out of every situation. I need to learn to rely on me. I really hope I do all these changes. They start on Monday. This weekend I will clean up my room and reorganize it. Maybe that will motivate me to start over and finish this semester up strong.

No comments: