Sunday, February 22, 2009

Life After May


Still waiting to hear back from grad schools. I really hope I get into UAB. It's sad because part of me wants to wait to go to grad school and just work for a year, but the other part wants to make my parents proud. They really are depending on me to rake in the big bucks because it is looking less and less like my brother or sister are going to be going anywhere anytime soon. It's a lot of pressure to be this hero of the family sort of. It makes it really easy to lose sight of what makes me happy. 
I only know that animals, my family, and Dannon are going to be constants in my life right now. Well, the last one is more of a wish. He has lately been talking about moving in together after graduation in May. I've been giving it more and more thought and it gets more appealing the more I play around with the idea. I would be far from my family still, but I'd be doing something exciting. If I got into UAB, then it would be perfect. If I don't get in, should I still stay in Birmingham? Or should I go back to Maryland and live with my family and work? If i get in to one of the schools I applied to, should I just go get my masters in forensic science for 2 years? I have no idea. 
Life used to be so easy to plan out. High School > College> Happiness? That last part is where it gets fuzzy. 
Please Please PLEASE, UAB. accept me into your program!

No comments: